3.9K views

I opened a checking account on the 2/2/12 at the local 5/3 branch which I thought would be more convenient for me. Ever since that day, I have had nothing but problems with the bank. First of all, they sent me a debit card with my maiden name on it (I have been married for 9 years), and when they sent me the replacement it was the same way. I had to go back in yesterday and go through the whole process again, only to have the banker say "I hope this fixes it for you".

At that point, I had already decided that I would give them one more chance to fix it. Until I went shopping last night, and my check was declined. The first time in my life I have ever been embarassed like that! I knew the money was there, I had proof! I had just seen my account balance at the bank earlier that day! How dare they keep MY money from me!

So, today I will go back to the Lucasville, OH 5/3 branch, withdraw my money, and close my account. And, I dare them to try to charge me for ANYTHING.

Review about: Fifth Third Bank Checking Account.

Comments

Montreal, Quebec, Canada #1227267

Valuable commentary , I learned a lot from the info ! Does anyone know where my assistant would be able to get ahold of a fillable 5/3 Bank Direct Deposit Authorization Form example to complete ?

Hi I like most worked hard for my money and when I need it I expect it to be there in a timely fashion, there's no hiccup when you use my saved money for your institutional gains so the question is why is there a problem(s) when it comes to mine? Answer: Human failure sometimes we forget we are all human and will make mistakes! Put yourselves in the employees shoes and grit and bear it!

Shouldn't let one bank branch's incompetence define the bank as a whole!

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #923462

You fill out the information for a credit card..it's not 5/3 fault. They put down what you tell them! I have been banking with them for ten years and havent had a issue!

to Jojo #1035236

When I moved to college I had 5/3.My junior year I moved into a house with my friends.

They then began sending my mother's account statements to my college house.

When I called and told them to send them to the correct address (as in, the one they had sent them for years - hers), they said they couldn't because "she must have come in to the bank and changed the address herself, otherwise it would be impossible for me to be getting them."

Let me repeat that - they accused my mother of going into the bank and choosing to change her physical address to my college house over 2 hours away.This was on top of several other idiotic oversights that they chose to not take credit for (including depositing an $8,000 check into the wrong account, causing all sorts of issues when trying to buy a car).

Wyoming, Michigan, United States #891623

Too bad you didn't post the real reason why u were declined, typical ignorant who can't face their responsibility

Geneva, Ohio, United States #867497

I paid an auto loan off from 5/3 bank and they still took my payment out which left me with overdraft fees.They refused to repay them because they said it was my fault for not telling them it was paid off!

Really?! They got the payoff check...There is your notice! Shady business!

!!Will never use them again!

I opened a savings account with a substantial initial balance at 5/3 bank.The next week I made a check deposit and was told there would be a 2 week hold.

I also made an electronic transfer that has not been credited after 6 days.

When I asked the 5.3 bank manager he ordered me to leave or he would call the cops.

Tomorrow I will file charges of grand-theft & embezzlement on this crooked operation.

to laserles Wyoming, Michigan, United States #891625

O yea how did it go lol

to U r a dumb*** #905770

you're a banker huh i can tell ***