I made a $1,500 deposit on Saturday through the drive-up window at 53 Bank in Shorewood, IL.I check my account daily on the computer.

Paid some bills online and my account showed a positive balance. Did not think anything was out of the ordinary until Wednesday morning when I checked my account balance online and saw $198 in overdraft fees even though my account never went negative. Called 53 Bank 800 number and was told by a customer service rep that the debits were run ahead of the credits when they do the end of business reconciliation and put my account in the negative. Then they charge me 8 overdraft fees.

This is obsured as the deposit was in the bank and my account never showed a negative balance online. Additionally, the overdrafts fees never showed up until the close of business over 24 hours later. I am furious. The supervisor of 53 Bank played god and said this is the final resolution without reversing any of the overdraft fees.

The teller at the drive-up never said $100 was only available on the deposit either. But the bank ran the debits first, then the credits on the account; even though the credit(deposit) was made before the debits occurred.

This is a method for this bank to charge more fees to a customer by running debits ahead of deposits.Totally unfair.

Review about: Fifth Third Bank Account.

Comments

they just let anyone take money out account then hit you with overdraft this is the forth time this happeniam going topnc

#202837

My wife has a business loan and it was $125,000.The loan is down to $7000.

She like many other small businesses is having a difficult time and was 14 days past the due date and the bank left messages on our home answering machine. Next thing we know our neighbor was coming over with my bank contact info and stated the bank needed to talk to us .They contacted my neighbor. What a bunch of ***. When we contacted the bank they acted like this was o.k.

and when I finally got in touch with a supervisor he indicated we must be embarrased because we couldn't pay the loan. The loan will be paid off in 2/2011 and we are going to take the entire payment in to them in change and make them count it.

This bank is the biggest bunch of *** we have ever scene.Don't use this bank.

#200354

WHY DO WE ALLOW THEM TO DO THIS ***!!!

I THINK THIS IS THE WORST BANK I'VE EVER DEALT WITH. START TELLING EVERYONE TO MOVE THERE ACCOUNT TO ANOTHER BANK.

#200167

They have done the same stuff to me.I just found an overdraft fee on my statement when I had almost $500.00 in my account and made an atm withdrawl for $60.00.

I just deposited another $1300.00 dollars, but I'm closing my accounts tomorrow. I've had it with their business practices.

I cant have checks bouncing around because they sneek in fees for no real reason and wait a week to tell you about it so they can get $8.00 a day more.Why should I be charged to use my money especially when its not negative.

The very similar situation is on going to my account as we speak. However I have made a vow that I will get back every penny that has been STOLEN from me and in addition I will be receiving a compensatory sum for the anguish and total wast of time that I have had to endure because of this bank.

Called to make address changes on joint accounts. Bank will not change information for both parties (husband and wife) unless both parties call in. This is ***!

bryan31759966

the have done this to me on to me many times!!