I Have been an account holder at 5th third bank for 2 years. The branch I started at was helpful and I had just started with a savings account for me and one for my son.

I moved a short time later and was having trouble making time to go in and start a new checking account. I pay most of my bills online and was shocked to find out they closed my account for "too much activity". Not for lack of funds just for the fact that my bills were being paid from my savings account.

They didn't even warn me!

When I received a rather large tax return and had it direct deposited one of the bank managers called me at work and wanted to chat with me about the best way to handle my money...the same manager that refused to reverse an overdraft fee on my checking account that was noticed and fixed before the bank even opened for business the day it showed online. Every time I turn around there is some new fee or some way to get money from my account.

Review about: Fifth Third Bank Checking Account.

Comments

Just paid overdraft fees of $165 dollars after they honored a car payment prior to crediting my total paycheck. I suspect that that manipulated the account to get these ridiculous charges. I have opted out of any overdraft coverage and gave them a letter not to honor any charge that would put my card in default.