3.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Oct 25, 2018

No attempt by 5/3 to contact me. Only a comment from someone saying that this is their policy with NO flexibility

Original review posted by user Sep 25, 2018

I have been a 5/3 customer for over 30 years. I went to a 5/3 branch in Aurora OH to take my wife's name off of my checking account.

My wife was with me and she agreed to execute this process. After the branch manager checked with his 5/3 manager, he told me that my only option was to open a new account. That was an unacceptable response since I have FOUR direct deposits going to this account and would take a lot of work to get this done.

I told the branch manager, if I had to open a new account, I would go to another bank. He still just shrugged his shoulders and basically left me with no choice or options.

It is the same effort to open a new account with 5/3 as it is to open a new account with another bank. After research, I have discovered that other banks have better benefits than 5/3.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fifth Third Bank Checking Account.

Preferred solution: Allow me to remove my wife from the checking account.

I didn't like: Flexibility & branch managers attitude.

Comments

The manager was correct, but you would be better with a credit union.