1.7
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Fifth Third is not a 5/3 better. They are a 5/3 worse. On June 6 I closed my account by going in to a branch and telling them I want my account closed and getting my funds in cash.

Today, July 11, I get an overdraft notice. They did not close my account and I was charged a low balance fee.

I tried to call them about this. The first time I was hung up on. The second time she said it was the way their system worked and I would have to call again tomorrow to actually close the account.

I asked for an address to write about this to be sure it was closed. and Sierra said she didn't have an address. She put me on hold to find one (and subsequently disconnected).

Also, on their website there is a button for sending email but it doesn't work. It just brings you to your account screen.

I will go in to a branch - maybe even to their corporate in Cincinnati - to take care of this.

Preferred solution: Close my account.

Comments

KnownNightingale522

They did the same thing to me! Then refused to fix it.

I'd love to sue them, but I never actually got proof that they closed my account, just a verbal agreement it had been closed. They are scammers for sure.