After paying my mortgage on time for two years, Fifth Third Bank decided it wasn't getting enough money from me. For three months in a row, they assessed me late fees DESPITE the fact my bank verified that they received their payments ON TIME. Apparently, they processed the payments the day after they received them. I called them each and every time, and they agreed to waive the fees. This past time, however, despite receiving their payment on the date they required, they decided NOT to waive the fees, citing that they had waived them in the past. YES, because you made the mistake assessing them in the first place!!

That place is a black hole, with rude customer service and no way to reach anyone with any power to reverse their decisions. I was told that the customer service agent decided "not to escalate the call." Hello? This matter is not resolved, how can you just choose not to continue helping the customer. After refusing to provide a supervisor's email or phone number, Tom, the representative, hung up on me.

P. Brian Moore, if you care about customer service, please provide your agents with a little training so they can actually help customers. That is, if you want to keep your customers. I plan on refinancing and dropping Fifth Third Bank as soon as possible and plan to NEVER use them in any way again. I will also close my credit card with them.

Congratulations, Fifth Third, you lost a loyal, on time paying, customer. I'm sure I am but one of many dissatisfied soon to be ex-customers. Put that in your company report before your next stockholder meeting.

Review about: Fifth Third Bank Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Fifth Third Bank?

Comments

edlaws

File a complaint with federalresevereconsumerhelp.gov.The more people that do so the better the chance they will be punished.

They fall under The Federal Reserve of Ohio and the have the clout to get things done.

I am dealing with $17,000 in credit card charges they are trying to deny. The Reserve has them on radar for all the problems they are having.

Watch your Credit/debit card statements carefully...it's the new identity theft.

Wow, this sounds just like what happen to us except the agent name was Mike Stone ID#932339.Everything we have was through fifth third (credit cards, mortgage, savings and checkings).

But not anymore all accounts are closed and refinance through someone else.Nancy at Fifth Third Paw Paw Branch was rude as well and we will never do busines with FIFTTH THIRD again!

Bothell, Washington, United States #598546

I do no business with this company except I do have a mortgage with them.They offered the least interest 30yr fixed rate than anyone else.

They have very strict rules on late fees however. You agree to those fees when you sign up. I have never had to pay one of these fees.

It would cost me well over $150 since the fee is percentage of payment based.You bet I am *** sure to post my mortage early.

Francisco, based on the fact that you are from Cincinnati, I'm guessing that you are either employed by 5/3 or have some kind of relationship with them?No matter.

I don't ever have to worry about 5/3 assesing false late fees to me again because I refinanced my mortgage and closed my credit cards. The $83 "late" fee just cost them over $230,000.

Great business practices, 5/3.My new mortgage company thanks you!

Wow...have you seen all the complaints on here about 5/3?Unbelievable.

Best wishes on getting this resolved.

And, francisco, payments received on the due date are not late.It's against the law to charge late fees on them.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET ANY LATE FEE ON ANY REVOLVING OR INSTALLMENT LOAN(WITH ANY FINANCE COMPANY), ENSURE THAT YOUR PAYEMNTS ARE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE DUE DATE, NOT ON THE DUE DATE.

jmicha

By the way, the service agent's name was Tom and his supervisor, who apparently can't be reached, is Tia