I have a mortgage and a home eq line of credit with Fifth Third Bank -- I pay them in person rather than trust USPS to deliver or trust a virtual online payment. As such, I pay them when I'm near a Fifth Third bank sometime between a few days before it's due (1st of mo.) and a few days before it's late (16th) -- at my earliest convenience.

I do not have a branch in my hometown so it's always a matter of when I'm near the larger town and branch located 11 miles from me...22 mi round trip...Fifth Third, despite my having NEVER been late on any of my previous mortgages with them nor ever being late on my current mortgage or hm eq loan...starts calling my house at all hours of the day and interrogating me EVEN WHEN THE MORTGAGE PYMNT HAS BEEN MADE FOR THAT MO. I'm getting real tired of these folks. You can ask them to stop. You can inform them they are mistaken and the payment has been made.

DOESN'T HELP! FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND NIGHTS YOU WILL CONTINUE BEING HARASSED FOR ZERO REASON

Review about: Fifth Third Bank Mortgage.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I have the same issue. I have had my mortgage for 12 years and never had a late payment, or a late on any of my other bills.

Always pay before the late date (the 16th) on my statement. Usually they start calling me after the 5th of the month. I have never seen a bank so worried that you aren't going to make a payment that they call you all hours of the day.

Quit the harassment and concentrate on the customers that actually don't make their payments. I plan on refinancing soon and will never use them again!