I agree with Markpamh...I returned an item to a store for a credit back on my debit card.At the same time I made a purchase for the same amount and at the same store.

The transaction took place on a Saturday. Monday a.m. the debit on the card showed up so I called the store. Assured me the credit went through as it was the first transaction!!!

Not until midnight on June 1 did the credit show up. If I didn't have the money to cover the purchase there would have been an overdraft fee. Forget that the credit to the account transaction took place before the sale!!! I have had overdraft fees for as little as a $3.00 overcharge before a direct deposit payroll check would go in at midnight.

The bank knows when those deposits are going to be made.

Thieves using the overdraft as the "gun".This is greed, unethical business practice and theft...white collar kind.

Review about: Fifth Third Bank Deposit.

Had an Experience with Fifth Third Bank?

Comments

idge

Good report...horrible customer service. Not the First Charter Bank it swallowed!!

Ge Capital - I was in a bad spot and applied for a small loan. Received an email Ge Capital "And a legitimate looking letter on letterhead saying I was approved for 6000$. When I called over and over following up no answer and finally Indian girl answered. When I..." Read more ADVENTURES IN PAY PAL LAND SYNCHRONY BANK GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK CONTINUE TO PUT THE SCREWS TO ITS CUSTOMERS Ge Capital Retail Bank "Please look at the uploaded documents so that you can see what I'm talking about. I do not understand why "The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" closed their files on..." Read more Pnc Bank - Locked out of Savings account while overseas! Pnc Bank "I have had some bad experiences with banks, but PNC really takes the cake. I am currently overseas in South America, and PNC decides to freeze my account (on May..." Read more Ge Capital Retail Bank - DEFRUADING THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE Ge Capital Retail Bank "GE Capital Retail Money Bank/PayPal Smart Connect/PayPal have been using the United States Postal Service to "Defraud" the consumer. I have been dealing with this since 2011 & these "Crooked"..." Read more Wish - My account is bared Wish "I have submitted everything that was said to be required to lift the bar on my account but it is still bared. I do not know what I must do..." Read more McGeorges RV - Poor quality repair and didn't care McGeorges RV "Took RV to get roof inspected cleaned and sealed to look like the picture behind the counter. After taking 2 more weeks to get to it than quoted, they left..." Read more Horrible Rooms to Go Rooms To Go "We have been long time Rooms to Go customers. This has been the WORST experience that we have ever had with this company. June 21 we had a bed and..." Read more Dish Network - Installed cables on my sidinh Dish Network "My wife was home on the day of our install. The tech ran the cables on the face of our siding along the back of our house down the side,..." Read more